We refuse to be a problem to the planet
Spindle has committed to being a Climate Positive company, using sustainable production practices to give back to the planet and not take away from it.
We continually push ourselves and our collaborators to reduce environmental impact through proactive and alternative solutions. On and off set. Our aim is to help change the industry from within and introduce new, higher standards. It’s forever WIP.
Alongside sustainable productions and business practices, we transparently report our carbon use and offset our entire residual footprint through native woodland creation. We are also part of 1% for the Planet – a global movement where members contribute at least one percent of their annual revenue to environmental causes.
WHAT WE'RE COMMITTED TO
- Reducing our carbon emissions wherever possible, and only offsetting if necessary
- Transparent reporting of our carbon use
- Net zero office and low carbon remote working
- Choosing renewable energy sources for our productions
- Avoiding air travel and using public transport and electric cars where possible
- Avoiding an excessive use of production materials on our sets
- Reducing waste, reusing and recycling whatever possible
- Paperless productions, offices and home working
- Avoiding single use plastics
- Choosing plant based catering
- Rehoming leftovers by donating to partner charities
- Having a trained Green Steward on our shoots
Talent is everywhere, opportunity is not
Our vision is to improve the pathway into production for those from lower socio-economic backgrounds and under-represented groups. There are compelling untold stories to tell, from previously overlooked perspectives, and we know there’s always more we can do to support this. Off-screen inclusion will drive on-screen representation.
WHAT WE'RE COMMITTED TO
- Spindle is an anti-racist organisation. We will call out and act on racism wherever we see it
- A minimum of three department heads or creative leadership roles from under-represented groups on each project
- A minimum of six roles in the production team from under-represented groups
- On-set director shadowing scheme for people from under-represented groups
- Annual mentorship programs offered with a senior leader from within the business
- 50-50 director gender balance by end of 2025
- 20%+ directors identifying as belonging to an under-represented ethnic group by end of 2025
- 10%+ directors identifying as LGBTQ+ by end of 2025
- 30%+ directors based in UK outside of London by end of 2025
- Review and annually publish the makeup of our directors roster to ensure progress is being made